Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

2016 
A year ago, I wasn't myself. I wasn't eating. I wasn't sleeping. Hell, I wasn't in a good environment. It wasn't until I had a rude awakening . . . at least not until a month or two ago. Right when school started. It was like being in a dream. I didn't fully understand what was going on but it happened and now I'm dealing with the repercussions of it.

2017
You know how some things are mingled and just tie together. I never knew why my dad put me through piano lessons or why I was always interested in the arts. I never knew why my mom put me through cheerleading and basketball. But now it all makes sense. It's because it's who I am. You're probably wondering why do I care? Well, in the time that I needed help, my support team came to me in the most bizarre way that I never knew would happen.

So last year during the summer, I had an accounting internship up in Washington. It made me feel like an adult. Like I had my shit together and I somehow knew what I was doing. Little did I know that dream came crashing down when I was coming back home. At the time, I thought I could move out . . . with the guy that was dating at the time. It was a bad idea. In the end, I ended up in the worst way possible. I was in the hospital. It sucked but I knew from that point, something was going on. Something was changing. Not just because of the elections or some guy that I was dating. Something in my head was becoming aware and I had to get it out.

I realized after opening up and searching for what seemed like a long time of mindless nonsense, everything is connecting. Everything I do is not just for attention or random. I knew I had a creative outlet and a smart mind, so how else was I going to approach this new me? Writing. Senior year has had it's stress moments on me and well, what better way to let it all out? You know what gave me this extra push to do something extravagantly complex? Getting an F on my accounting exam. Yeah. I know. It's not a big deal but it is when it comes to graduation. Anyways, this brings me to how organization and determination as well as time will bring me to my goals and have that extra push through the door that I always needed.

1st Move
For my next move: My knight from G1 to E2.

Until next time, keep reading~


Popular Posts